IT is only Profession where you need to know how to read.

This forum is for lighthearted, off-topic conversations that would not belong in our other forums. Topics should be safe for work and discussion should be civil. NOTE: Do not post politics or religion in this forum.
bigpod

IT is only Profession where you need to know how to read.

Post by bigpod » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:37 am

So i listened to a guy who said IT is only Profession where you need to know understanding what you read. at first i tought he was an crazy but during Q&A session a asked him whys he said it he explained that while non of us reads any manuals we still know how to do a lot with IT specialy in GUIs that is because we know how to read and understand, and that the second part understanding is where general public is highly lacking.

what do you guys think was he right
Use whatever tool makes your job easier.

DistroTube
Site Admin

Re: IT is only Profession where you need to know how to read.

Post by DistroTube » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Makes sense. Some people just see the words, others actually read them, and still others comprehend. I don't think this is specific to IT, but I do think that problem-solving skills and especially reading comprehension are not skills that are being properly taught to children today.

archification

Re: IT is only Profession where you need to know how to read.

Post by archification » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:31 pm

Being able to read and extract useful information is incredibly important.
Knowing how to write instructions for other people is also incredibly important.
It goes both ways.