Password managers, do you use one?

A forum for all your security related discussions. Topics might include security tips, exploits, vulnerabilities, firewalls, permissions, best practices, etc.
DistroTube
Site Admin

Password managers, do you use one?

Post by DistroTube » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:22 pm

I am curious what you guys are doing for password management. I have been using Pass for a few months. It has a builtin dmenu script that copies the password you are needing over to the clipboard for 10 secs. I like the simplicity of Pass.

Are you guys using a password manager? If so, what? And if you are not using a password manager, start using one now. Remember, create a unique password for each and every site/service that you use. Sites get hacked all the time, so minimize the damage by not reusing passwords.

bigpod

Re: Password managers, do you use one?

Post by bigpod » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:12 pm

i choose to use LastPass. it is cloud based which is somewhat unsafe but i decided to use it so i have cloud sync between all my devices. Basicly convinience over security. While i also did do and also still do constant research on security of lastpass and other cloud based Password managers and gotta say lastpass appears as far as data suggests to be realy secure

of course i could have rolled my own bitwarden server which i might still do one day i wouldnt get as much convinience since i would want to base it on my own server not some cloud instance which would make cloud sync a bit of a hassle since i dont utilise much Wifi when at home
Use whatever tool makes your job easier.

Oddstap

Re: Password managers, do you use one?

Post by Oddstap » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:50 am

I've been enjoying keepassxc since its cross platform, lightweight and even offers a CLI interface.