Radeon Tools

Having issues with your hardware? This forum is for discussing hardware compatibility and troubleshooting.
mrgfy

Radeon Tools

Post by mrgfy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:53 pm

Found an awesome tool in the AUR for AMD Radeon users. Radeon-profile. Command used in terminal in screenshot; sudo radeon-profile.

DistroTube
Site Admin

Re: Radeon Tools

Post by DistroTube » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:57 pm

Definitely a great program. I've played with it a bit in the past since it's in the AUR. They really should package it as a snap or flatpak for wider adoption.

Oddstap

Post by Oddstap » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Thanks that'll come in handy.

mrgfy

Post by mrgfy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:16 am

**Tool Tip** **Update**
If you don't always want to be root user to run this tool. Simply change ownership(this also helps to be able to click the menu button without switching user to root):

Code: Select all

sudo chown (your user name)user:root /usr/bin/radeon-profile
choose minimize to system tray in gui settings for radeon-profile. Image

kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:24 pm

I installed Radeon Tools on both of my recent builds and one of them actually helped me demonstrate that a new RX-580 card was bad.... It was swapped out by the seller and the new one works fine.

It took me a while to figure out just how to get it working properly without using root.... I had to install the radeon-profile-daemon from the AUR to get it working properly. Now I have an icon in my tool tray and can bring it up whenever I wish.

For the record, I use Manjaro with the Mate desktop.