Introduction thread.

Are you new around here? Introduce yourself! Say hello and tell us a bit about you. Please avoid posting support-related questions in this forum.
User avatar
mrgfy
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 am
Contact:

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by mrgfy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:28 am

The notorious MrGFY here, Pen tester and Linux xtrordinair.
My passions in linux involve database injection (SQLi n such) & theming. Recently got into the gaming side of linux now that i'm running radeon and ryzen hardware (AMD). Also been a long time supporter/& member of the FSF.
Distro being used on all my machines is ArcoLinux.
Kernels being used are linux-zen & linux-fsync.
Custom grub recovery option is system-rescue-cd.iso & custom theme is midna.
Favorite DE is xfce (close second is deepin de).

Cool forum DT. Much respect as always.

User avatar
fossegrim
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:49 pm

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by fossegrim » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:20 am

Welcome mrgfy!

Do you do pen testing professionally or as a hobby? Personally I have only been part of one CTF so far which was quite fun.
“Software is a gas; it expands to fill its container.”
— Nathan Myhrvold

Website: http://fossegr.im/
Shithub: https://github.com/olav35
Tweeter: https://twitter.com/olebullsplass

slacker_101
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by slacker_101 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi, I'm slacker. I use linux to make my computing experience enjoyable, yet productive. I tend to stick to cli programs and emacs since they suit my workflow. I've several distros in the past, and they were all really good, but I prefer void linux and slackware. At work, I use GNOME (no extensions) as the DE and at home I use dwm. It's nice to meet you all.

User avatar
thepenquin
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by thepenquin » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi Slacker

:)
The Penquin

User avatar
mrgfy
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 am
Contact:

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by mrgfy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:13 am

fossegrim wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:20 am
Welcome mrgfy!

Do you do pen testing professionally or as a hobby? Personally I have only been part of one CTF so far which was quite fun.
just as a hobby, i am pretty good at sql injection and database takeovers.

LowSpecLinuxLaptop
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 am

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by LowSpecLinuxLaptop » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:26 am

Hi I'm Jeff. I am an end user but have coded a custom Trackball/Joystick game controller with a Teensy++. Xubuntu is my distro of choice but lately have been wanting to give Trinity DE a spin. I see what games I can run good on a Pentium 3825U Laptop

User avatar
fossegrim
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:49 pm

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by fossegrim » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:04 am

mrgfy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:13 am
fossegrim wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:20 am
Welcome mrgfy!

Do you do pen testing professionally or as a hobby? Personally I have only been part of one CTF so far which was quite fun.
just as a hobby, i am pretty good at sql injection and database takeovers.
Nice have you participated in any CTFs?
“Software is a gas; it expands to fill its container.”
— Nathan Myhrvold

Website: http://fossegr.im/
Shithub: https://github.com/olav35
Tweeter: https://twitter.com/olebullsplass

User avatar
mrgfy
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 am
Contact:

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by mrgfy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:49 am

fossegrim wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:04 am
mrgfy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:13 am
fossegrim wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:20 am
Welcome mrgfy!

Do you do pen testing professionally or as a hobby? Personally I have only been part of one CTF so far which was quite fun.
just as a hobby, i am pretty good at sql injection and database takeovers.
Nice have you participated in any CTFs?
no, capture the flag realy isn't my thing.

User avatar
fossegrim
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:49 pm

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by fossegrim » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:35 am

mrgfy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:49 am
fossegrim wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:04 am
mrgfy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:13 am


just as a hobby, i am pretty good at sql injection and database takeovers.
Nice have you participated in any CTFs?
no, capture the flag realy isn't my thing.
Og. How do you her practice otherwise?
“Software is a gas; it expands to fill its container.”
— Nathan Myhrvold

Website: http://fossegr.im/
Shithub: https://github.com/olav35
Tweeter: https://twitter.com/olebullsplass

User avatar
mrgfy
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 am
Contact:

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by mrgfy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:30 pm

fossegrim wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:35 am
mrgfy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:49 am
fossegrim wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:04 am


Nice have you participated in any CTFs?
no, capture the flag realy isn't my thing.
Og. How do you her practice otherwise?
a good place to do some real world practice is finding/using links from spam email. I'm pretty sure no one cares if you hack a spammer.

Post Reply