Introduction thread.

Are you new around here? Introduce yourself! Say hello and tell us a bit about you. Please avoid posting support-related questions in this forum.
Dimitris

Re: Introduction thread.

Post by Dimitris » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:13 am

Hey im Jim. I am from Greece and i am 19. I really like linux, programming and ... watching netflix :lol: I am using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS now but i am going to switch to something based on Arch. PEACEE

fossegrim

Post by fossegrim » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 am

Dimitris wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:13 am
Hey im Jim. I am from Greece and i am 19. I really like linux, programming and ... watching netflix :lol: I am using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS now but i am going to switch to something based on Arch. PEACEE
Quick suggestion. The best Arch based distro is Arch. You should try that before trying its descendants, such as Manjaro which is also great.
“Software is a gas; it expands to fill its container.”
— Nathan Myhrvold

Shithub: https://github.com/olav35
Tweeter: https://twitter.com/olebullsplass

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:48 pm

fossegrim wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 am
Dimitris wrote:
Quick suggestion. The best Arch based distro is Arch. You should try that before trying its descendants, such as Manjaro which is also great.
I will try them.

Oddstap

Post by Oddstap » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:29 am

My alias is oddstap, introvert Linux user since age 14 now 20. I'm currently studying cyber security and graduating soon.
Live in Nashville,TN
Most of my experience with Linux first hand was with backtrack before it became kali linux.
I did use Ubuntu then switched to Pop-OS then switched for good around two years ago to Arch after i came across Luke smith and distro tube talking about window managers and fell in love immediately with it.

My hobby's outside of Linux are retro consoles and modding them, PC gaming, I do make music on spare time nothing major, and cooking.

as for my personality I'm very odd. I got my alias from a cockney British guy who said "Well aren't you an odd stap" and it stuck.
I have a dark sense of humor with my closest friends and I'm planning on asking my now girlfriend of one year to marry me if she doesn't ask first lol.

I hope to make some new friends who also passionate about tech like i am.

-Thanks for reading

thepenquin

Post by thepenquin » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:07 pm

fossegrim wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 am
Dimitris wrote:
I'm scarred of trying arch
But like the idea of not having to update the base system
The Penquin