Syncing my YouTube content to LBRY.

This is the forum to discuss your thoughts regarding video content including DT's videos, as well as other Linux-related or tech-related videos from other video content creators.
DistroTube
Site Admin

Syncing my YouTube content to LBRY.

Post by DistroTube » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:41 pm

For months, I have had viewers ask me to sync my content to LBRY. I started the sync a few days ago and it should be complete now: https://lbry.tv/@DistroTube:2 . I don't mind syncing my content there as it should be very little work on my part since most of it should be automated. And now, those that do not wish to watch DT on YouTube have two alternatives...LBRY or distrotube.com (hosted on Amazon).

PS. I might even just start embedding the LBRY videos on distrotube.com to save money on the Amazon storage costs. But it doesn't look like LBRY currently supports embedding their videos. Hopefully that is added in the near future.

DistroTube
Site Admin

Re: Syncing my YouTube content to LBRY.

Post by DistroTube » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:07 am

I must say that LBRY does seem to grab my videos from YouTube in a timely manner. My latest video was on LBRY just over an hour after I published it on YouTube. Really liking this platform so far.